Sunday 26 June 2011

Juneathon 26/30 worst of three

Today was the Rainton 10 km. Part of the Yorkshire dales seies. . Its the 3rd time I ve run this flat . Mixed terrain race. It should be fast but the sun always comes out and beats down on us . With a 11:45 start, you could do without it. This year tru to form the sun beat down and It has been cool for the last couple of weeks. Basicaly it was too hot, my legs were tired and the whole race was hard, i did a fair bit of walking and had to watch people I normally beat pass me. I finally finished in 1:04:00. My slowest Rainton time yet. On reflection I have done alot lately and I need to think about taper for the tri. IMUST DO LESS NEXT WEEK so I dont feel like this at the Tri.

2 comments:

  1. I hate the heat, it drains me beyond belief, although I have gotten more used to it this year and it’s been less of a problem. You are doing a hell of a lot at the moment, so don’t let being beaten by others get you down (especially in your heart of hearts you know you are usually faster than them). Think about how you’re competing with yourself and see a positive in everything you do… even if it’s the cumulative amount of miles, a new PB or something new. This Tri will put you up another notch above a lot of people :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heat is an awful killer of both motivation & performance. I've only run one 10K ever (last October) & my time was 1:02:50-something... so tho I'm sorry to hear your time was your slowest, you still look pretty good to me!

    ReplyDelete