Wednesday 22 June 2011

Juneathon 22/30 glad its over

Today has been a bit of a mixed bag, I never felt great at the start of this mornings run, but after photographing a rainbow over the cathedral, it improved. Work was one of those days that you@d rather forget. The students were unsettled, then later at school I was informed that I had to attend a meeting from 16:00 to 21:00 next Wednesday, when I was supposed to be running the fifth league run at Wetherby. Any one who knows me or has read my blog will guess how that news went down, Not good. After tea I headed for Bishop Monkton for my sports massage, This was good Ive worked hard for this and I deserve a treat after the day Ive had. Oh boy it did the job I had knots in my left galf and hamstring, right hamstring, left shoulder and neck. some of these were a bit uncomfotabe to sort out. My problem is my high pain thresh hold, if I get a niggle I ignore it and so there are often a couple of tender spots on my massage, but I wont cry out. I cycled home feeling like a new woman. I have booked a halfhour appointment for the Wed before the Tri to keep my neck and shoulder loose. I got to the Youth drama group where I volunteer and we were sorting the wardrobe out, I discovered that the back wall was damp and it was stinking of damp and mould, so many costumes and pieces of equipment are ruined. this has made me feel very sad as lots of our stuff will have to be binned.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds very frustrating. I hope today is better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so sorry about your costumes. How sad. x

    http://veniceorbust.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete