Thursday 6 June 2013

Juneathon day 6 late starter

Tonight was the HDSRRL race at Richmond, I had a lift and we had a couple of directional issues. We arrived late and the race had already started, we got out of the car and started to run up the hill to the start, as I crossed the line the timekeeper said 3:11. That's a bit to make up. I ran and my teammate went off ahead , eventually to our right we saw the other runners, we ran hard until we slowly caught up . The hilly course made this possible, this is where my hill training pays off, I caught my first runner at about a mile and slowly caught a couple more up before the downhill. Gosh that was steep, I remembered our coach's tip about tiny steps, it gave me confidence and allowed me to recover ready for the cross country section, where I over took a couple more runners, I felt strong as I entered the lane towards the finish, I overtook another runner , then there was no one else to overtake, just the finish line and the runners that had already finished. It was a good race, hard but fun.
This is a great course, very challenging but I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment