Saturday 29 June 2013

Juneathon day 29 the penultimate day

Early start for the lake today, the water was 16 degrees but felt cold on entry as it slowly found its way into my wetsuit at the small of my back. There was weed quite near the jetty, I ignored it and got on with my swim. It was going well afte the first few minutes as I acclimatised, I swum past both Islands then turned to go back down the other side of th Islands. It was not too bright, or too rough so I was able to do bilateral breathing. I was going well when Suddenly I found myself in a patch of weeds, they were above the surface, AARGH! I HATE WEED it was difficult to swim crawl so I changed to breast stroke an thrashed around a bit until I wa in clear water, this happened 2 more times. It ruined my swim.
I got out and got out of my wetsuit and dabbed myself dry, pulled on my socks and trainers and set off home. Billy was driving so he took all my swim stuff home. I only ran because of Juneathon otherwise I would not have run. I ran past the sewerage works to the river, I checked my watch for my pace before I went into the woods, 10:00 min miling, I tried to pic op the pace on the uneven trail through the wood and out onto Fishergreen, I ran to the ford, 9:52 min miling, now it was up hill for the next 3/4 of a mile, I concentrated on farm all the way to the traffic lights, it was clear to cross (don't know if that's good or bad, on the one hand a rest would have been nice, bu on the other it would have broken my rythm and slowed my pace). I reached the top, checked my pace as I turned onto North Street, 9:58 min average pace, so I picked my pace up, dodged a few pedestrians, the lights were clear for e to cross again, then up my street avoiding an annoying reversing car, (people use our street as a turning point, they've wrecked the road surface) I jumped a pothole and ran to my door. 2.12miles in 20 min 52 sec 9.52 minute mile average.
Good run, but its a bit chilly running straight from a swim in my wet tri suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment