Saturday 15 June 2013

Juneathon day 15, tri ing hard

Again a poor nights sleep, three in a row. Doesn't take long to impact on training. Woke up tired with a busy day planned. 
Started with a dog walk to loosen up then down to the racecourse for a swim. The air was cool and the wind was strong, whipping up waves on the lake. The lake was not too cold after the initial entry. 16 degrees c apparently. I set off, my google misted, then leaked, I turned back to the Jetty and sorted them out. I got swimming and it was hard work swimming into the waves and fighting against the water which was pushing me towards the shore. Billy was way ahead by now, I plodded through the water, around the far Island and back to the jetty. The water was murky and the weed lurked just below my hands. Billy's flip flops were still on the jetty so I went around the first island, I was tired and didn't feel I could get around the top island in a reasonable time, Billy was still not back so I swam around the buoys. I swam about 1.8 miles in 1:18, Billy swam 2.5 miles in 1:25 (awesome).
After going home, sorting the wetsuits and having a second breakfast to replenish some of the calories that we had already burned (bacon butties), we headed off on the bikes. 
Today was very different from last week, where last week we were slapping on sun screen, this week it was long trousers and wind proof jackets. We picked a flatter route, but an open one where we would have to cope with the wind. (Last year it was very windy at Outlaw). I wanted to do 60 miles. Well that wasn't happening, I struggled from the start, my legs were tired, I was tired. The whole ride was tough start to finish. 50.20 miles in 3:39. Average was 13.7 mph, need to be quicker.
My right foot was really sore on the bike today, so it was more important than ever that I ran a while. I really didn't feel like it, but managed 1.18 miles in 12.48 .
After stretching and freshening up, I walked up to visit mum and back.
Now I have ha my tea and am resting, early night for me I think.
Today was a very hard session, I honestly cannot remember ever feeling so tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment