Saturday 22 June 2013

Juneathon day 22 chasing rainbows

Another early start today, we were heading for the lake for a swim, 2 miles with friends was the plan, it had rained overnight so the air was cool, but the water was 20 degrees.
After getting out of my suit quick, it was a quick dab down and into the car, drive home and sort suits. Then out on the bike, still wet with a cycle shirt on top. It was Wendy and cool, but I soon dried off and warmed up, but the wind was a real hindrance on the bike. We picked a short route, as we wanted to go visiting after lunch, so after fighting the wind for nearly 20 miles we got cleaned up and had lunch before going to visit my son, his girlfriend and our gorgeous 4 month old granddaughter. We don't get to visit often enough with all this training.
After tea I went for my run, didn't have a plan, legs are still sore from Thursdays sprints, it was aiming as I ran, but then the sun came out and I saw the most gorgeous double rainbow they were so vibrant against the grey skies, as i changed direction they faded but I would turn a corner and there would be another, I ran 6 miles. the only annoying bit was when a car driver drove into a puddle and soaked me but the rainbows made me smile

No comments:

Post a Comment