Friday 28 June 2013

Juneathon day 28, starting the day right

I got up early today to get my run done. It was drizzly and cool, perfect for me, the heats been hard work lately.
I set off well, at the end Of mile 1 my average was 10:28 min mile. Thought it would have been quicker, but hey ho, on with the run. I ran through the crossroads in the fields with my legs being whipped by wet cow parsley and buttercups. There was not a soul in site. As I approached the first cattle grid there were two cyclists looking lost, I asked if they were ok, they said they were, they were looking for somewhere to sit to have their breakfast. I walked the cattle grids today, because they're slippery when wet. (Oo! Bit of Bon Jovi there)
I set off up the drive, I never seem to get déjà vu doing this route, because the surroundings change constantly. To my right I spotted the spotted back of a fawn trotting (if that's the right word) along in the grass, which at the moment os long and flowering. I stopped and got my phone out for a picture.
I love the park at this time of day, the deer are always closer to the drive and seem mush less timid. A little further and through the trees, like a sentinel I spied a dead tree

Half way up now and the drive has been resurfaced, from here to the top gate, chippings, it was quite loose underfoot, but I kept on, to the gate, touched it and turned to run back down with a couple more stops for pictures.

I love the way that the trees look as if someone has trimmed them precisely, but its as far as the deer can reach.

As I ran towards the arch, I realised that the cathedral was captured in the top of the arch, giving the impression of a stained glass window.

I checked the time, quarter past 7 oops! Better get a wriggle on, I'd be late for work. I could have stayed ou ages, but I had to go home now.
As I crossed the last cattle grid, I glanced left and there were the cyclists on the bench, enjoying breakfast. They must have thought I'd been miles. So I retraced my steps through the fields, crossed the road and saw the 3rd person since I'd left the house an hour ago, as he ran towards me I spotted something familiar, whoa! Nice t shirt, "I've got one like that" I said, he just smiled, his shirt was white with a bit of black and Orange, and Outlaw, it was an Outlaw half t shirt. I don't have one just like it, mines white grey and orange. From 2012 Outlaw.
I ran home smiling cos I'd seen an Outlaw but, apprehensive at the same time, of facing the challenge again in 9 days time.

No comments:

Post a Comment