Wednesday 5 June 2013

Juneathon day 5. 157th day of exercise

Yes that's right, since New Years Eve, I have not had a day without exercise, the least I have done is walked and then I have walked fast.
WHY?
Well I've been doing Janathon for a couple of years now, so when Sid suggested a similar thing I jumped at it. The Poppyfield challenge is SIDS way of raising funds for Birmingham Children's Hospital where his niece Poppy was treated for a brain tumour. We all paid a few quid and pledged to pay a fine of a pound a day without exercise. The challenge went so well, a number of us paid again, but this time it was for the whole year, I signed up, thought it would be easy, it's not, but the cause is good and the support from fellow Poppyfielders strong, we are almost halfway there.
Today was rest day, I walked 2.5 miles and ran 2 miles.
Well done Poppyfielders, keep up the good work, and Steve (Sid) when it gets tough, remember, we are all in this together, still moving forwards doing good.

No comments:

Post a Comment