Saturday 8 June 2013

Juneathon day 8 tough training

This weekend is Billy and I's biggest Outlaw training weekend. We started the day with a dog walk, then it was down to the Racecourse for a swim, two laps was the plan, that's 2 miles. It felt better than last weekends swim in Coniston and I managed the task in 1 hr 12 mins, 3 min quicker than a fortnight ago. What a difference a week makes though, the water was calm and relatively warm. That weed is waiting to erupt though.
After swimming we came home and ate bacon and sausage butties (brown bread of course) and set off on our bikes, 100 mie plus was the aim. We went from Ripon to the back of Fountains Abbey, up How Hill to Ripley, from there we went to Knaresborough, we used the road rather than the fab new cycle path as it was Knaresborough bed race today. (Ripon Runners women won, the men were second and another predominantly Ripon Runner bed, Avalon did well too) from Knaresbourough we went to Arkendale, Cattal, Whixley, over the wooden toll bridge (cycles free) to Easingwold, then after a brief comfort break we headed to Coxwold and Kilburn. Here I messed up big time, in my head I thought there was a road that ran below the White Horse to the bottom of Sutton Bank, 'have you any Idea where you're sending us?' Billy Said, 'that road goes up' 'It'll be fine' I said we headed up, I messed my gears up and came to a halt, I push a whil I thought, Billy pedalled onwards and upwards. I got back on and was ok till a sharp corner wher I lost momentum and walked a bit again, Billy was nowhere in sight. I got back on and a car caught up with me and crawled behind. I got off and let it pass and couldn't get going again. Billy was waiting for me in the White Horse car park. Oops! We weren't meant to come here. We headed back down, good job I HAD new brake pads. On a sharp corner a car was coming towards me, I stopped, (in the hedge) I was so glad to get back to the bottom. We decided to go the way we knew to Bagby, Sowerby and Thirsk. There we decided to go to Northallerton and Bedale. I wa flagging, Billy wa miles ahead and had to keep waiting for me. At Bedale we decided to go to Masham, then home. The mileage would come up short, so w went to Bishop Monkton and back.
When We got home, I took Jed for a Dogjog and Billy did tea, mmm! Steak, egg chips and tomatoes followed by trifle. Well we have burned a few calories off today.
Tired now, and I still have a long run to do in the morning, night all

2 comments:

  1. Amazing days training Lena, I felt tired just reading about it! Well done and may the taper begin ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Monday, Sunday was another mega training day John

    ReplyDelete