Sunday 16 June 2013

Juneathon day 16 challenge week 24

This is where I would be if I had actually set off running from Ripon to Moscow on New Year's Day 2013. Instead this is a virtual challenge and I'm sat in my living room typing this.
Anyhow this where my accumulated 2013 run mileage of 867 miles would put me:

Bundesautobahn 10
Bundesautobahn 10 runs in Brandenburg as an orbital motorway around the German capital Berlin, colloquially called Berliner Ring. It should not be confused with the Berliner Stadtring around Berlin's inner city.
Not quite on target, but another part of my challenge has taken over at the moment, Outlaw.
Outlaw Triathlon is a long distance triathlon, it's the same distance as an Ironman competition. Ironman is now a massive corporation and I don't think they like other long distance events to be called ironman they are long distance triathlons, though unofficially, as the distances of 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile cycle and 26.2 mile run all to be completed within 17 hours, are the same, they are known as iron distance. Whatever they are called, they are hard work. The training takes over your life. Therefore, as Outlaw is now 20 days away, running has taken a slight back seat. This week was gentler than last week, it's time to let my body recover from the hard work, and get ready for the big day.
This week I have been very tired following last weeks 2 x 5 miles+ hilly races and a weekend of training covering over 130 miles. So all in all I am quite pleased to have managed what I have.
Today we went to Newby Hall to watch friends race in an Olympic distance (0.93 mile swim in the river Ure, 25 mile cycle and 6.2 mile run) It was a great event and tired as I was I was a little jealous of the competitors.
Afterwards we came home and had a light lunch before a 10 mile cycle and a 10 mile cross country run.
It's great to think that the hard work is done. Nothing can make me fitter or faster. I just need to remain healthy and un injured for the next 3 weeks.
I am doing these challenges to raise money for the British Lung Foundation because 5 years ago, my dad died and he had suffered with Emphysema.
This Father's Day, please consider a small donation to my just giving site by clicking the link on the right, or by texting LENA75 £2 (or other amount) to 70070 don't forget the gift aid.

No comments:

Post a Comment