Tuesday 4 June 2013

Juneathon day 4 Time to Type

The end of another busy day approaches and so to blogging.
A good friend did me a massive good turn today, he took mine and Billy's details and did our entries for the Brownlee Tri at Fountains Abbey and Studley Royal in September. We wanted to do this but work commitments meant that if the 1000 places went quickly we would have missed out. Thank you.
I started the day chilled out, ice gentle dog walk followed by a walk to work. After work I walked home, walked Jed then jogged 1.5 miles to the start of the Ripon Runners Juniors championship race, where I marshalled. The kids were great as usual, some struggled with the heat, but there were no complaints, they stormed their 2 mile course.
Afterwards I jogged back to the cricket club for the Adult Ripon Runners Chase Your Mates handicap race. This race is held over the same course 8 times over the summer. No watches or other pacing/timing equipment is allowed. I didn't feel as good tonight, I felt a bit tired and it was a bit warm for me, I don't run we'll in heat, it takes a while for me to acclimatise, but I feel that I ran a steady pace from start to finish, I was passed by quite a few runners and overtook none, so I expect my time was slower than usual. Afterwards I jogged home. Total run miles 9.1, that's ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment