Saturday 14 January 2012

#Janathon day 14, Chubby rub :-(

Got up early because I wanted to do at least 15 miles. I knew it was cold and was worried about slippy surfaces. Fortunately it was very dry so no ice. The sky was clear and there was salt in the air as gritters passed.it had the makings of a good run. I had a varied route of hills and flat, town and country. Keeping the pace down was not an issue today, I kept my heart rate in zone 2, the only time my Garmin buzzed for high heartrate was going up hill so I ignored it then. I am a hot runner. I like winter running because I overheat in summer but today I was cold through to the bone for the whole run. Wish Id put gloves and a thermal on. When I got home it took ages to warm up enough befote I could get in the bath. And even when I did get in, the water cooled quick when I put my cold body in it. It was very stingy getting in the bath because wearing running tights that are now too large meant they had chaffed my inner thighs otherwise known as Chubby Rub. Anyone who has had this issue will appreciate how painful getting in a bath can be. Best thing for chubby rub is germaline. Sorts it in no time. Need to chuck those running tights out. Managed 16.62 miles in 3 hr 14 min. Very happy. That is 5:14 marathon pace.

2 comments:

  1. well done, and yes, chubby rub and baths - ouch! Do you get in carefully and slowly, or take the plunge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just go for it Sue. It hurts less in the long run.

    ReplyDelete