Monday 16 January 2012

#Janathon day 16, Ooh! EXCITING

We are more than halfway through Janathon now and I'm still going strong. I'm in the top ten for running distance, so I'm happy with that. Todays effort was not massive, another DogJog but it all adds up. Now thats not very interesting you say, you always run but here is why I am all excited today. Yesterday evening I had a phone call from someone from Lloyds TSB she said they now had a place for me on the Olympic Torch bearing relay team and would send the details in an email today. I was itching to scream it from the rooftops but thought Id best double check the email. I was so excited when it arrived, they are holding a relay position for me somewhere on 19 June when the torch travels from Hull to York and passes through Ripon. I hope it is for Ripon but I will be proud to carry it wherever. I have to complete a series of paperwork (which I am currently scanning to email back to them) and undergo some background checks. Then the final list will come out in March with where everyone will run. Soo Excited :-)

2 comments:

  1. That is most certainly exciting!!! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely brilliant news! Congratulations Lena, what a proud moment it will be for you.

    ReplyDelete