Sunday 31 March 2013

Quarterly update

I got back to running on Tuesday, after my 6 days of run rest. Running with the juniors was easier than last week, running with the adults was tough as usual. The bonus came when I went out Wednesday morning with the dog. This week I managed a 3 mile Dogjog, my leg, though sore, was no where near as sore as last week.
Thursday was training on Land rover Hill, I found this hard as my ankle was painful on inclines and declines. Was fine on the way there and back though.
Friday was the Moon-joggers Full Worm 10km virtual race. I planned my route, Home to Studley church and back. I set out early, it was sunny but cold. I ran as fast As my ankle would let me, I was lucky not to need to stop for traffic, crossing roads, the off road stretch along the track through the fields was muddy and knocked my pace slightly, but soon I was in Studley Village heading for the deer park, I crossed the 3 cattle grids and attacked the hill as best I could, all the way to the gate, turned and ran back down, by now my ankle was warmed up and a lot less niggly. A mile downhill, back over the cattlegrids and back to the muddy track through the fields back through town, pushing myself the whole way stopping my watch at 6.2 miles. I was pleased with an hour. I found it hard to race with no fellow competitors.



Yesterday I never ran but did lots of walking at Robin Hoods Bay.


This morning it was bitterly cold as I set off to Studley to run a few church and backs. I needed to do 13 miles to ensure that I made 500 miles for the year, it's 2 miles to Studley and then just over a mile to the gate by the church. So I figured that 4 church and backs would make my 500 miles for the Year, but if I could manage 5 the add a bit on, on the way home, then I could make 503.25 miles for the year. A quarter of the challenge.
I set off steady to allow my self to warm up, i stashed my drinks bottle and headed up the drive and made 4 church and backs quite easily, with a break at the bottom each time for a drink and a stretch. I decided to go for the fifth. That was tough, on the way back down I met Vicky and Annette, they were on their way up, they were doing the 7 bridges. We stopped for a chat. I then continued to the bottom, collected my drink from where I'd stashed it, ran up to SAMs seat, admired the view and set off on the 2 1/2 miles home.
16.29 miles done :-)
My ankle is not painless to run on, but its a lot less painful than it was and its not as painful after running. I'm as ready as I'll ever be for Blackpool marathon next week.

So here are the quarterly stats.
In 2013 so far I have;
Swum 17 miles
Cycled 375.2 miles
Run 503.3 miles
Walked 186.7 miles
Total 1084.1 miles

Challenges still live;
My own run 2013 miles in 2013 including a marathon a month for The British Lung Foundation= 503.3 including 3 marathons
Ripon to Moscow, currently at Molenbos in The Netherlands


Moonjoggers run and walk 2013 miles = 692 miles

Outlaw Ironmorph for Poppyfields challenge to do some exercise everyday in 2013, still going.

DailyMile and RunSaturday #2013milesin2013 all mileage counts.
Oddly I never added all my walking in January and February on DailyMile, but I logged everything on RunSaturday, will have to catch DailyMile up total mileage 1084.1 miles

Raise £1000 for The British Lung Foundation £67.00 so far.

http://www.justgiving.com/Lena-Conlin-Dad


1 comment:

  1. Great to see things are getting better Lena, great the ankle's bearing up. Good luck! :-)x

    ReplyDelete