Sunday 17 March 2013

Still going forwards

Week 11 of my challenge and I'm still on target, but only just. I am now starting to realise the enormity of attempting to run 2013 miles within a year. Now I know that there are many people out there who very comfortably run 40 miles a week, for me it's tough. I feel a huge commitment now that I have started I have to finish.
My aim is to raise at least £1000 this year, to add to last years £1100 for the British Lung Foundation .
This week I have had to think about how I am going to succeed, particularly with my leg being sore. I've done my sums and if I take a week off running now, I will have to do 41 miles a week for the rest of the year. Now that does not seem like much, but that extra mile will take its toll as Outlaw approaches .
Today I ran the Lightwater Valley Challenge 10 km. this is a local race and I had planned to run home afterwards. This week my leg has been sore so I wondered if I could manage it. The race started at 11:00 and left the car park by a muddy lane, this bottlenecked the competitors and gave my leg time to warm up, I avoided the puddles as much as possible, not wanting to risk turning my ankle again. Soon we were on the road for about a mile and then down towards the quarry and the water stop before re entering the park and running underneath and alongside the roller coasters, between the rides and around the lake. My leg was coping quite well really, the grass finish was not good mind, but the finish was in sight and I pushed on towards the finishing chute where I received my gorgeous hand made finishers medal. All the medals were made at Jennyruth Workshops .


I completed the race in around 58 minutes and since my leg was warmed up, I decided to run home. I ran to North Stainley and then followed the Ripon Rowell route back to Ripon, with a detour towards the river Ure in search of a new run route, I got home at just over 7 miles, so 13 added to the mileage today, happy with that, I'm now resting my leg.
So here are this weeks stats;
No swimming
9.19 miles walking
39.88 miles run (painfully)
12.76 miles biked (turbo)
Total mileage this week 61.83 miles
Total run miles in 2013 453 miles

Miles to Moscow - just leaving Antwerp in Belgium on the A 313


No comments:

Post a Comment