Sunday 24 March 2013

Take a break

For regular readers of this blog you will know that I have been struggling with a sore foot and leg since turning my ankle way back in the middle of week 4.
After a good race at Lightwater Valley and running home last weekend, my leg was still sore on Tuesday for the Junior running club. This meant that I struggled running with the youngsters, mind you they are quick, as their session went on the pain eased and towards the end I was running ok again so I went with my usual adult group and had a great run, the pace was fast and the breaks few and short. The 2 runs together gave me a total of 11.82 miles. I was really buoyant and all set for a dogjog Wednesday morning, but unfortunately it was too painfulI couldn't get my foot off the ground.
Time to rest,
I have fought so long but ultimately the whole challenge is at risk if I continue to run, even though a rest now means a commitment to more miles once I start again. Initially I have decided to not run until next weeks Junior session, 6 days rest.
I cant do nothing so I am using the run rest to increase my time on the turbo trainer, and working hard at that.
So, today is Sunday, I haven't run for 5 days, I also have not taken any painkillers or used Ibuprofen cream for that length of time. I still have pain, but not as bad and now I can pinpoint the main pain area, around the ankle bone on inside of my left foot, but not a pain I can poke. Hopefully it will continue to improve over the next couple of days and I can soon get back to running.
Total running this year 465 miles 1548 miles to go.
15 miles behind target at the moment but I'm sure that when I'm fit I will be able to make that up.

I wish I'd been brave enough to rest earlier before I was forced to.

No comments:

Post a Comment