Friday 4 November 2011

Journey to Outlaw 240 days to go

Earlier this year, after the Black Sheep Tri, I expressed an intrest in the Outlaw Triathlon (ironman distance). This soon became an obsession. In September my wonderfull husband entered me for said event. I still had some of this years challenges to complete at this point, but now they are done, boxed off and compartmentalised in my mind. As I am always looking ahead and moving forwards I am now concentrating on Outlaw. S whats the plan? How can I Build up my training in the next 240 days from swimmimg 2km to swimming 2.4 miles, 42 miles cycling to 112 miles and still have the energy to run a marathon afterwards? Theres a lot of work to do.I will be using this site to help http://www.trifuel.com/triathlon/ironman-workouts/ and doing a bit of it my way I have started even though I am carrying an injury from Sunday's marathon. This is week I so far Mon Swim 1 mile Turbo 4 miles Tues run 9 miles Wed cycle 11 miles Thur run 8 miles Fri Swim training 2000 yd On Wednesday I had a sports massage which really sorted my calf. Its still a little tender but much improved. So thats my first 5 days of training sorted. I know that my biggest challenge will be the cycling. Please feel free to give me tips. I would really appreciate any help.

1 comment:

  1. I've really enjoyed reading about your racing accomplishments in 2011. It's encouraged me to think about challenging myself next year, no matter how scary it seems. Good luck with your training for Outlaw!

    ReplyDelete