Wednesday 23 February 2011

VLM -8wks, (late again)

I got  a good week of training in last week;
SWIM 1.36 mile
BIKE 12.41 mile
RUN 38.85 mile
Long run was Sunday, 22.64 miles, which I completed in 4 hr 7 mins. My fastest long run to date, I'm struggling with nutrition on the run though, started off with 1 lucozade jelly bean every   2 miles, but it felt like I was faffing about, and made my mouth all gluey, so i had to drink loads of water, so when I went home at 13 miles for more water,(and the loo) I chose an isotonic drink instead, and tried a good swig every mile, that felt as if it was upsetting my stomach.  I did a couple of miles without, and then it settled. I did feel better than usual  towards the end of the run so something worked.
I entered the Newcastle Town Moor Marathon last week bringing my 2011 marathons to 3. I did this race last year and even though it is laps I enjoyed it, it's a friendly small race at the back end of the year in cooler weather, Its about 3 weeks earlier this year so it may not be as cold , wet and windy as it was last year.
I also sent out some fundraising letters, which have not worked to date. I am so relieved that I am not committed to a charity in order to race, I have no idea how people manage to raise the vast sums of money required to run a charity place.
I didn't lose any weight last week, but I still managed to lose an inch or so.

1 comment:

  1. A cracking weeks training! Well done, I tend to only use lucozade sport after the 1 hour mark. When I have a planned long run I take boiled sweets or jelly babies.

    ReplyDelete