Sunday 8 September 2024

It’s all been a bit busy

 What a mad month, I have not managed to write it all down 

Since Burton Leonard 10 km I have cracked on with my Lakesman training and done a few races too.

Dalesrunner Stately Trails 10 km 23 May








A 2 lap trail race, it had rained all day and the ground was wet and slippery.

HDSRL Ripley



Just short of 5 miles, mainly tarmac and some trail, but dry.

Hardmoors White Horse Marathon













The dry weather recently helped me to decide to wear road shoes on this mainly hard trail 29 mile race. The weather was cool which was a good help too, previous years have always been about surviving the heat. I felt ok For most of the run

Lakes-swim
















A terrible day
I always get nervous for a swim, but last year doing the Lakesswim on Friday evening really settled my nerves so I entered it again. This year however was an utter nightmare, I couldn’t catch my breath and then could not get into any rhythm. I was all alone for most of the swim/flounder with a lovely canoeist keeping me company. I was torn between giving up and slogging it out. I fought with myself and did complete the 1.2 mile swim, but it took me an hour and 5 minutes. 
The next day, I felt rough and could not get my heart rate down. I went to Keswick rugby club and enquired about dropping to bike-Run. I was told I could decide in the morning.

Lakesman Half


Yes I finished. YEY!!! But it was tough, right until I got in the water, my brain was screaming at me with self doubt. I did not want to have an incident an become a casualty in the water. I was told I could drop to bike run before I entered the water, but if I started the swim and quit, it would be a DNF. I wanted my 7th finish so went for it. The swim was nothing like Friday, I got into a rhythm and completed the 1.2 miles in 46 minutes and 46 seconds. A far more normal time for me. So then it was out on the bike. The 56 mile bike section went well and I was onto my safe section, the run. It wasn’t fast or pretty, but I cracked on and completed the half iron distance tri, and earned my 7th Lakesman finish, 5 x full and 2 x half. 





Taking it a bit steady due to being unwell the couple of days before got me round. I was happy to complete in 7 hours 24 minutes and 57 seconds, 2 hours after Billy. 105/118 female 5/6 F55-59.

HDSRL Thirsk

At Sutton Bank, 4.7 miles, road and hard trail, a lovely evening finished with sandwiches and cake.












Time 49:17

Next up was 




Ilkley HDSRL race 27 June 2024


 5 miles 50:14

Endure 24 

24 hour race on a 5 mile lap.

This was my target race for 2024. I wanted to run 21 laps. As it was I felt tired, my glute and left leg were sore and after midnight, I knew I could not make 20 laps, let alone 21. So I just ran. I managed to complete 18 laps/90 miles finishing 17th female solo. Not too bad.





















No comments:

Post a Comment