Sunday 8 September 2024

Hardmoor’s Scaling Dam 10

 


Hardmoors Saling Dam 10 mile is actually a little over 11 miles. I thought it would be nice to do a new (for me) route and see a different part of the moors. However the weather was not conducive for views. Thick fog and rain blocked the views. I registered and went back to shelter in the van for a while. I went to the start in time for Jon’s race brief. Met and chatted with friends and at 9:30 the race started.



There were lots of skinny heather trails, my favourite-NOT. I find these tricky with wide feet.



It was good to make it to the Beacon at around 6 miles, it marked the highest point of the course and was followed with a lovely tarmac descent.

Unlike the loose stone path that had led us up there, but at least watching my feet and the fog had meant that I had not really realised I was headed upwards, I just thought I was tired and had more nutrition.
Yellow tape and flags kept me on track so I did need to worry about navigation.
The finish was where we started, by the reservoir.

I finished in 2:21:19.

64/103 overall
25/53 F
10/21 FV50

Thanks to Jon and Shirley for putting on the race, and to the Marshalls, who were out in the misty, murky chilly weather to keep us safe and on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment