Saturday 31 October 2015

Bit of a catch up

Since my birthday I have been taking things a bit steadier, I have still run every day, but last week I put cycling back into my training, I've done some sessions on the turbo but Ive also been out and about a couple of times. It was hard on the seat at first but it's getting easier.
On Thursday I started at a Pilates class. That was enlightening, I've previously only used YouTube videos, but they helped me pick up some moves. The instructor helped me perfect my positioning, and I had an enjoyable hour.
Yesterday I went for my first swim in 9 weeks. That went ok, I only did half an hour, for my first session. I tried to concentrate on form rather than pace.
Today I was going to go for a Halloween night run up at Swaledale, but common sense prevailed and instead Billy and I went and ran around and up Roseberry Topping instead. After all I'm only just learning to run off road in the dark, and just learning to do steep stuff in daylight. I would have help people up and possibly put myself off. Any how, we had a great 5.5 miles of mud and steep stuff today.




Tomorrow is The Guy Fawkes 10 Mile road race at Ripley. A new route this year so exciting stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment