Tuesday 16 February 2016

Swim Clinic

A few weeks ago, just before Christmas I attended a swim clinic with Dewi Winkle. The results of which was that I needed to work on twisting my hips and my catch and pull.
Well I have worked hard on both elements of my swim. 
At the swim clinic we do drills and are videoed.
I was really hoping that I had progressed. Occasionally it feels like it's working.
One of the drills we did was sink down. I can't. Billy and I laughed, I've been trying this for years.
So I took a deep breath and proceeded to let it out, I sank a couple of inches before bobbing back up gasping for air. Time and again I tried to no avail. I'm scared of drowning all the time but weirdly buoyant.
At the feedback session I was impressed by my catch and pull, my kick was good my head position was good. It's taken 5 years but I'm starting to look like a swimmer.
My progression point was push, I need to push at the end of the stroke, another swimmer had a great push so that is now my focus.
I am also determined to crack that sink down.
I used to just swim for distance, to know I could do it. But I have been working with Dewi a while and doing drills. It has paid off. My swim is stronger, more efficient and a bit quicker. Won't break any records but the progression is massive in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment