Sunday 5 July 2015

Minster 2 Minster


04/07/2015 was the 3rd annual Ripon Runner's social run from Ripon Cathedral to York Minster via the river Ure/Ouse. The idea, route and planning is the brain child of Matt and Jill Holt. Originally called the Minster2Minster Marathon, it became apparent on the first event in 2013 that at 30 miles it was actually an Ultra and was instantly renamed.
I have completed all 3 of the events, the first I set off alone Self supported and self navigating before the main group as I can't run as quick as them, they caught up with me at 26 miles. Last year more runners wanted to do it so I led a group of runners, again setting off early and reaching York before the main group. This year, because it is so close to Ironman UK, I was not going to do the M2M, bug as it approached Ai decided to do it! I planned to run with the main group, but when I saw the list of runners, I realised that I could never run that quick and asked to be put in the early group again. The Matt asked If I would lead again, I agreed. I double checked the route as there was a change in route to avoid the Hogweed.
Giant Hogweed, Beautiful but Deadly
It was an early start for me, I had to be in Ripon and ready to run at 6 am, forcast was for rain up til about 11 am. I was awoken about 3:30 by a massive thunder storm, this caused flooded roads on the way to Ripon, I was glad I had packed a waterproof and a change of socks.
We loaded our bags into Jonathan's car. Matt was there to see us off and Martin was there to record the day in pictures. 




 








If you don't push your limits, how do you know where your limits are?

No comments:

Post a Comment