Thursday 5 December 2013

Year end, rapidly approaching

I have been on a year long challenge to raise £1000 for the British lung foundation in memory of my Dad, Eddie Kimberley. The challenge has been to run 2013 miles in 2013 including a marathon a month as well as Outlaw long distance and Vitruvian Middle distance triathlons. Now my journey is almost over.
On Saturday 7 December I hope to complete my December marathon, the Frostbite 30 is a 30 mile trail race from Pateley Bridge run mainly on the Nidderdale Way, with around 100 competitors.
My previous marathons in 2013 were;
January 26.2 miles running 3 loops around Ripon
February 26.2 miles running 3 loops around Ripon
March Trollers Trot a 24 mile trail run from Grassington which I added 2.2 miles on at the end
April Blackpool Marathon
April Manchester Marathon
May running up and down Studley Deer park drive 10 times
June running up and down Studley Deer park drive 10 times
July the marathon at the end of Outlaw
August Ripon Runners run from Ripon Cathedral to York Minster 30.6 miles
September Robin Hood Marathon, Nottingham
October Yorkshire Marathon
November Goathland Trail Marathon 27.5 miles

In July I completed Outlaw Triathon in Nottingham 2.4 mile open water swim, followed by a 112 mile cycle and completed with a 26.2 mike run.
In August I completed Vitruvian Triathlon at Rutland Water 1.2 mile open water swim followed by a 52 mile cycle and completed by a 13.1 mile run along the banks of the famous Dambuster lake.

I hope to complete my challenge in late December with my 2013 th mile being run from St Mary's church Studley to the front gate to the deer park, as many of my miles have been run there this year.

If you would like to give a little to my challenge fund, you can visit my JustGiving Page www.justgiving.com/Lena-Conlin-Dad or text LENA75 followed by £2 (or other amount) to 70070

Thank you for your continued support
Lena Conlin

No comments:

Post a Comment