Monday 19 August 2013

Ultra Aspire Spry Running Vest review



Ultra aspire spry running vest


A few weeks ago I liked and shared a post from UltraRunnerStore.com. I often do this on posts for sites and products I like, then what? Nowt, that's what. But this time was different, I received a direct message from the store, I had won. Wow, gosh I was so excited. I had won the above, an ultra aspire spry running vest.
I couldn't wait for it to arrive, but knew it would be a while before I got to try it out as Outlaw Triathlon was fast approaching and taking up most of my thoughts and energies.
I am a member of Ripon Runners and one of the members Matt Holt was planning a run from Ripon Cathedral (listed as minister on OS maps) to York Minster, that would be a great opportunity to try it out.
Now I am a runner, not quick but I can run a long way so Matt's Minster2Minster Marathon was ideal for my August marathon for my marathon a month challenge, the problem was, I cannot run as fast as the other runners that were going so my plan was to set off earlier so the others would not have to keep waiting for me. This meant that I would have to be mainly self sufficient for the 27/28 miles.
18/08/2013
The day arrived. I filled my lovely new ultra aspire spry race vest.

Rain jacket (just in case)
Maps
Compass
Glasses (to read the map)
Whistle
Dextrose tablets
Sugar free sweet
Cereal bar
Cheese biscuits
Spare water bottle
Phone
Money for emergencies

All packed in really easily, I was wearing my club vest, the straps of the race vest were soft against my bare shoulders and arms. The straps adjusted easily and the race vest was comfortable to wear. I picked up my hand held bottle and headed for Ripon Cathedral.

I set off on my run, the race vest was almost like part of me, I easily forgot that I had it on, it did not move around or hinder my movements. The mesh meant that I didn't suffer a sweaty back. The front pockets where I kept my phone and dextrose tablets were easily to access whilst still moving. The route was tricky, narrow paths and overgrown in places but the UltraAspire Spry race vest's size meant that it did not get in the way.

At 16 and 27 miles I refilled my water at a water stop.

Beyond that I had everything I needed to complete the 30.66 miles to York Minster.

I was wearing the race vest for nearly 8 hours altogether and it was comfortable the whole day, it did not leave me with chaffing or sweat marks

I really like this race vest, it suits me down to the ground, I don't like running with bumbags, I don't find them comfortable and if I was on a shorter run I could run without carrying water in my hand as my spare bottle fits in the front pocket.
I can't find any fault with it. 10/10 Thank you Ultra Runner Store

No comments:

Post a Comment