Monday 22 April 2013

Week 16 Still moving forward

Week 16, gosh the year is passing quickly.
Once again it hasn't been a great running week, only 18.85 miles, but I swam twice and cycled twice. I've also upped my walking as that seems ok, I've been trying to walk quicker in case that's what I end up doing at Manchester marathon on Sunday.
My ankle is starting to improve, finally, I know deep down that I should have stopped way back in January when I first ran into that pothole. We can't go back and change things though, so I have to live with my decision to continue 12 weeks ago. Reducing my run mileage now seems to be helping.
On a more positive note though, I feel as if my swimming and cycling is progressing. I'm not quick, wish I was, but I seem to have the knack of keeping going at a reasonably stable pace.
Ast week I bumped my long swim up to 3.4 miles, 240 lengths of the 25yd pool, don't think I'll be doing it again in a hurry, but at the end I was still swimming 10 length in 5 minutes. On Sunday this week hubby and I did a 72 mile bike ride, on reasonably flat course. It was very windy though. A good practice or Outlaw triathlon, last year it was very windy. I had hoped for an average pace of 15 mph but managed 14.4 mph. At the end of the ride we were still riding strong, though tired and we even managed to brick a mile run onto the end.
After Sunday's marathon, I will seriously consider not running for a while. I am sure that a soon as Outlaw is over I will be able to ramp my running miles back up.
This weeks totals are;
Walking 23.6 miles
Swimming 1.59 miles
Cycling 96.08 miles
Running 18.85 miles

That was 140.16 miles in 17.36 hours, (16workouts) an burning 11111 calories in a week
Miles to Moscow, I have virtually passed Duisburg and Essen in Germany and am heading towards Hanover.

No comments:

Post a Comment