Saturday 17 March 2012

time for a catch up and a secret

I now have 2 blogs, this one and one which is tracking my journey ,weekly, to completing an Ironman Distance Triathlon. For those of you who do not know, Ironman consists of a 2.4 mile swim, followed by a 112 mile cycle and rounded off to a nifty 104.6 mile challenge with a marathon and it has to be completed within 17 hours.
This is a massive training jump for me, OK, so I have run 5 marathons and an ultra in the last 2 years, but this is different. It is incredibly time consuming and difficult to fit around family and work commitments (particularly since they increased my hours) not to mention my out of work commitments, often leaving me feeling selfish and rushed.
The event I have chosen is Outlaw an iron distance Triathlon in Nottingham on July 1st 2012. I am nervously excited.

Mum update, Mum is now in Harrogate and much improved, but cannot swallow or walk yet,unfortunately it was a stroke that caused the brain haemorrhage and the consultant says that she may not make a full recovery, but she is trying hard.

As for the secret, I cant tell you that until 7:30 Monday morning.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the secret!!! Not fair that you keep us in suspense though!! lol
    Hope your Mum keeps improving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have been told not to tell. Its hard not sharing it Moe. Mum is as ok as she can be at the moment

    ReplyDelete