Wednesday 9 June 2010

League race at Guisley

03/06/10 The weather was still glorious, not ideal for a race, at least it didnt start till 19;45 .
The race was organised by Yeadon Dragons and at a previous race one of them had told me that it was predominantly off road.
The race started and it was humid, we started by running along an old railway line then headed off for the woods, down down down, avoiding tree roots and rocks. In the back of my mind i knew it was going to have to go up at some point, but first a short flat bit, a relief for my blistered toes after they'd been battered in the front of my trainers as I ran down about 2 miles of woodland tracks.
Then it began, the long climb back up to the start, still through woods, I had to walk some of it, but I was going forwards. I was with my marathon training partner, V, she turned her ankle, we stayed together, the same as Temple Newsam, we started together so we'd finish together which we did, exactly together.
The next day I was disappointed that the scorekeepers had put V 1 second behind me.
TIME 58 min 58 sec, 5.5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment