Tuesday 3 January 2017

2017 plans









My plan for 2017 is to raise money for the British Lung Foundation. I am doing this with my attempt to run 100 marathons and qualify for the 100 club. Dont panic, I do not plan to run 60 marathons in 2017. I do plan to use a few ultra runs to add to my qualifying races.
The 2 main challenges of the year is ;
1, Complete the Hardmoors Grand Slam. That consists of a 30 mile trail race from Robin Hoods Bay on New Years Day (completed in 6 hours 48 minutes), a 55 mile trail race from Helmsley to Guisborough in March, a 110 mile race in May that covers the Cleveland Way from Filey to Helmsley and to complete the Grand Slam a 60 mile race from Guisborough to Filey.
2. To complete the LDWA 100, a 100 mile race self navigating circular race based at Malton school, 3 weeks after the Hardmoors 110.

I have also entered Outlaw and Lakesman long distance triathlons.
These events count for 7 more marathons, so I will be looking for at least 3 more 26.2 or longer events.
My Just giving page is Going Long 4 Lungs 

No comments:

Post a Comment