Thursday 24 September 2015

My 2 invisible friends

I just did something amazing, I ran 100 miles in under 24 hours at Equinox24
How?
How did I get around that 10 km course 16 times with out losing my mind? 
Well, training, I trained on a similar course of 5.6 miles, running Parkrun first then setting off on loops of Studley Deer Park on already tired legs. This helped cope with running on tired legs as well as running laps.
But the main weapon in my armoury is my two friends Just and Only, you can't see them but they are with me all the time and on tough days they help me get through.  At Equinox they were an enormous help, "I JUST need to get to the top of this hill and then I ONLY need to do it x more times" JUST along there and that will be another lap complete" "ONLY another 6 hours to go" and so on and so forth. 
A positive mental attitude allowed my brain to take control of my body.
ONLY 359 days to Equinox24, can't wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment