Sunday 16 December 2012

Catch up

So what have I been up to? Loads as usual. Outlaw was amazing. I still havent blogged it as I gant really put it into words yet. I completed it in 15:15:24.  2 days later I completed the club championship 6 mile race (10 mins slower than usual but I ran it all).
The next week was spent helping to set up the NYPTri annual Black Sheep Olympic Tri which I competed in after leading tje swimmers into the water with my Olympic Torch. I then competed, shaving 6 mins off last year.
My proudest moment was when my husband competed the tri. His first in under 3 hrs.
We then recieved a phonecall informing us that we were to be grandparents.
I did Jarrogate 10 km and was in St Wifreds day parade with the drama group before going on holiday in the caravan.
We watched the Olympics whilst on holiday.
Also my body finally told me to stop. My back went whilst on holiday abd stopped me running for 4 days. But I walked miles instead.
In September I supported my hubby in his second Tri at Roundhay Park Leeds. What a great day. I was so proud. A week later I ran. The Great North run. I giggled when I saw I was on the front of the magazine and on the certificates and website. I didnt quite achieve sub 2 hrs. I was 12 seconds over. I ran the Round Ripon Ultra again at the beginning of October I had the honour to run the most of it with John @runr795. A wonderful man who supported me at Outlaw and supports me online.
At the end of October I set off with friends to Dublin for the marathon. It was hbby and Annettes first, Vicky and Andys second this year and my 7th, 3rd this year. We had a right laugh and we are all planning further matathons. 6 days later I did the Guy Fawkes 10. A hilly local 10 mile race and the next day I dressed in a toga to run the 5km Gun Powder plod in York.
2 weeks later (with an injured foot and knee from a fall) I did a LDWA event. The 23 mile Wensleydale Wedge. Iyt was freezing and muddy with stunning views.
A fortnight ago I wore a Christmas pudding hat for the Percy Pud 10 km race in freezing temperatures and finally. Today I ran the Loftus Poultry Run. 8 miles of mud lanes and hills. I did it as part.of a group. We were elves and a Christmas pudding. We stopped to regroup. We stopped to take pics and all finished laughing in 1 hr 26 mins.
We then drove over the moors to York to pick stuff up from Sweat shop. We were still dressed up which caused some funny looks. That was exactly it It was funny. The whole day.

6 comments:

  1. What an incredible year you've had Lena, you truly are amazing. And, by the way, the honour was all mine running with you at the Round Ripon Ultra, it was a great experience, so thank you once again. I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a happy & healthy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks John. I hope you and your family have a great Christmas and new year.
    2013 will be an amazing year for us both

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks John. I hope you and your family have a great Christmas and new year.
    2013 will be an amazing year for us both

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks John. I hope you and your family have a great Christmas and new year.
    2013 will be an amazing year for us both

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks John. I hope you and your family have a great Christmas and new year.
    2013 will be an amazing year for us both

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agree with Runner 795, you've had a fantastic year and sounds as if you've enjoyed every minute of it. Here's wishing you all the best for 2013 - and meanwhile have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete